Transferring Funds to Bank Account without Conversion

JupLabs
New Community Member

Hi All,

We recently set up a new bank account with Barclay which is capable of receiving and holding numerous currencies.  Our PayPal account is set up in Ireland and is held in EUR, however we receive payments from customers in GBP, AUD, NZD etc.  I am attempting to send the funds to our bank account without converting them first, however, even if I change the primary currency on our PayPal account PayPal insists on converting to EUR first even though the account can hold any currency.  Specifically our company has a need to hold GBP as we pay for inventory in GBP and our warehousing invoices us in GBP.  At this point we are being forced by PayPal to convert to EUR and then once the funds get to our bank we are converting them back to GBP.  I have asked this question numerous times to PayPal but I am not getting proper responses as they do not seem to understand.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I don’t think you will have a choice as PayPal only uses country’s local currency. For Ireland that would be Euro. The only way around is to open PayPal accounts in those countries you need currency from.
Login to Me Too

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I will have to retrieve my previous response. I am not sure if it is still interested of yours but in order to transfer in other currencies you might try to change primary currency each time you sen certain currency. If you click on Wallet and where the PayPal balance is bellow click on currency three dots and press ‘Make primary’ see if that allows you to send this currency without converting. But you would have to do this primary currency jumping each time you send other currencies.
Login to Me Too

nava123
New Community Member

I tried this method- switched the AUD currency to become the primary account currency and it still made a conversion to USD when I get to the final transfer approval page. 

Is there anything else that worked for you? 

Login to Me Too

attilas1986
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @JupLabs, same here. Did you find any solution for this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.