Transactions posted to my email in error.

Denise102
New Community Member

I have a transaction in my email account. The purchase was done at Gamertarget. The purchase was done at an electronic store. The customers last name is close to my email but not exact. The email shown on his receipt is min. Should I change my email address on my Paypal account? Apparently, he doesn’t have a Paypal Account. Nothing was charged to my Paypal account but he used Amex. His name is David [Removed: Full names not allowed] His address is [Removed: Personal addresses not allowed] I am currently at dialysis but will be home later this afternoon if I need to fax anything.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hi @Denise102,

Thanks for sharing your concern with the PayPal community forums. From what you described, it sounds like this individual may have made a typo with their email when completing this transaction. 

I'd recommend not clicking any links in this email. Unless you notice any strange activity with your own PayPal account or financials, you probably do not need to change your password. However, it is a good idea to update your password every now and again. Here are some helpful security tips you may find worth reading over. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.