Trans person having name change issues.

ainsleythomas
Contributor
Contributor

When I signed up, I used my preferred name, thinking my legal name change would be done soon and my documents would update. 
That hasn't happened. And someone reported my account. 

So, I went to change my username to my dead name and fix it aaaaaaand the name change screen does nothing but kick me back to my settings. I don't even have the option to change anything. 

I have emailed customer service about this, I've done everything I can and no reply. 

I need to be able to use my preferred name, so that when people pay me for the stuff I'm making, they're not seeing my by my dead name and wondering who the hell that is. 

PLEASE, Paypal, fix this. Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ainsleythomas

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ926

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ainsleythomas
Contributor
Contributor

Did you even read? 

It doesn't matter what I click to change my name

it kicks me back to the home page before I have the option to fix it. 

You weren't helpful. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ainsleythomas

Yep I read it, all I could do is tell you how to change your name, if your encountering techie difficulties then not a lot I can do about that is there.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JaneB7
New Community Member

Answers to this question are very poor and take no account of the real issue.

Trans people feel being addressed by their deadname like a kick in the teeth, even when it is in an email.

Other organisations, including many employers and global professional institutions allow you to set a "nickname" that you are "known as".

Just saying "That's the system" is not good enough. It's a last-millennium answer.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JaneB7 

Take that up with customer services then, all i can do is tell you what paypal offer.

Or if you feel my advice is not good enough then feel free to post advice yourself?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.