This is too big of a mess

Rometx
Contributor
Contributor

A friend sent me 200€ via PayPal, and I decided to use this old account I once made very carelessly, using random information. The problem is, I accepted the payment, but I cannot withdraw the funds. First of all, my legal name under my account is wrong. It is Romet Machiavelli. Secondly, the aadress is in Estonia, but my nationality is put in as US. This means, I cannot change my legal name, since PayPal requires me to present a social security number or any other US document, which I do not own.

I am really from Estonia. The aadress under my account is correct, and Eestonian town, called Pärnu. My legal surname is incorrect, but the card linked to my account is correct, valid, and has my real legal name printed on it. It has been issued by SwedBank.

As it is now, the money practically does not exist. Since my friend cannot withdraw the payment, and I cannot refund the payment, since I do not have access to the account. What can I do?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rometx

You can't use another accounts paypal account.

Your friend hopefully used the goods / services option to send the payment so tell her to open a dispute for non receipt of item to try and get the funds back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rometx
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think I ever mentioned that's what I want to do. 

I want PayPal to release the funds which I accepted to the person who sent them to me, so she can send them to me on another account, and I can then transfer them back to my bank account. The whole problem is, that I cannot refund the money, since PayPal is holding it right now. I can't even add the money to my PayPal balance so I could transfer it to my other account. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rometx

I gave you an option for her to get her funds back, if you don't want to do that then thats fine.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.