The identity verification of my account is still pending. Reference ID: PP-009-193-291-61

_horge
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My account is already a full-verified account, but I have received an email from PayPal 2 weeks ago when I was going to receive some money from my customer.

The content of that email is below:

------------

Verify your identity to lift your receiving limits.

Someone tried to send you money using PayPal, but the amount exceeded limits set by European law. To lift the limit, the law requires you to verify your identity.

What do I need to do?

Log in to your PayPal account, look for the Notifications icon, and follow the instructions. Once you provide the information to verify your identity, we’ll process it as quickly as possible to get you back on track.

If you have already seen this notification on your PayPal account and taken action, you can ignore this email.

If you have any questions or require more assistance, please contact us.

------------

So I uploaded my identity documents (phone bill, national identity card) on 12th Mar.

Since that it is still on pending even though 4 business days were gone.

If someone could help me with this issue to proceed more fastly, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

_horge
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Kernowlass

Thanks for your fast reply.

Yes, I totally understand about the impact of Covid-19 and my turn might be in the long queue.

But as you know, my account was already full-verified when it was created so I couldn't know about this kind of account issue would be suddenly happened.

And also, if this kind of emergence things are happened (such as Covid-19), PayPal has to not give the users the account limitation or at least delay it until the impact would be lifted.

Unless PayPal doesn't do, the users have no way than just waiting for a long time.

It is just my opinion for the users' convenience.

And I am supposed to receive some money from my client on this account by the contract at the end of this week.

That's why I am posting this on the community by hoping to get faster helps.

If you could help me with this thing, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@_horge 

Can be up to a few weeks dependent on how busy they are and when its your turn in the queue.

Also have you seen this message???

Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) safety precautions, we currently have limited customer service staffing so wait times may be longer. You can still view answers to frequently asked questions on this page or send us a message, though responses may take longer than usual

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

_horge
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Kernowlass

Thanks for your fast reply.

Yes, I totally understand about the impact of Covid-19 and my turn might be in the long queue.

But as you know, my account was already full-verified when it was created so I couldn't know about this kind of account issue would be suddenly happened.

And also, if this kind of emergence things are happened (such as Covid-19), PayPal has to not give the users the account limitation or at least delay it until the impact would be lifted.

Unless PayPal doesn't do, the users have no way than just waiting for a long time.

It is just my opinion for the users' convenience.

And I am supposed to receive some money from my client on this account by the contract at the end of this week.

That's why I am posting this on the community by hoping to get faster helps.

If you could help me with this thing, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

_horge
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kernowlass,

Finally, the pending of my account was lifted today so now, my account was identity-verified.

I am able to use the account normally again.

Thanks so much for your help.

Login to Me Too

Alidancer222
Contributor
Contributor
Hey- Having the same issue currently. Was the monies automatically issued into your account once your account was confirmed? I don’t know where the payment I’m waiting to receive is right now... whether it’s been refunded to the customer or if paypal are holding it. Thanks
Login to Me Too

_horge
Contributor
Contributor

The money should be with your customer. It has not been sent to you actually.

When your customer was going to send you the money, he would get the error message that the money couldn't be sent to you because there were some issues on your PayPal account. So the money must be with your customer.

And when your account is confirmed, your customer will need to send you it again.

but I had another issue when my client was going to send me the money after my account was confirmed.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Money/The-funds-that-I-received-is-still-on-hold/m-p/2074027#...

Here was my post after my account was confirmed and my client was going to send me the money.

I hope this might be helpful to you.

Login to Me Too

Silozi
Contributor
Contributor

Im currently experincing this and Its been over 2 weeks with 0 reponse no email and sat in customer service all day to recieve 0 reponse 

Login to Me Too

marrepower
New Community Member

Same here, been waiting for a month, with no answer, This is really a big struggle!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.