Telephone Support

DJJamesFalk
Contributor
Contributor

Hoping to ask a few simple questions about my account history. I am only able to go back 3 years via the online service & needed to go back to 2012.

The Help Centre directed me to the Customer Service area. Going thru it I don't see anything that applies to my scenario. (see attached photo)

I ended up clicking on Payments, but none of the prompts has anything to do with account history.

For the heck of it I choose an unrelated item. Moments later an automated response was generated, none of which applied to me.

The message instructed that should I not have my question answered to reply or phone. I replied & have yet to hear back.

I also phoned from my cell. I was on hold without talking to anyone for nearly 3 hours. I called back from my ground line & within 5 minutes someone picked up the phone. This occurred with me still on hold on my cell. Although apologetic, the service rep had no answer as to why I was still on hold on my other phone...sigh

I described my problem in detail. All I wished was to review my full account history. It should be easy as there was only a single deposit made & a single purchase back in 2012. In addition there was a Facebook  app that illegally withdrew money from my account. This was refunded. Despite this my balance was not what it should have been.

The agent said that older account history needed me to log in to "an archived website" for me to see. She said she would email me this information. She waited on hold for me to receive it. 10 minutes passed & despite her repeatedly sending it to me it didn't come.

She transferred me to the disputes department & I am currently on hold with them. The email the first agent sent just arrived while I am speaking with them. None of the information promised within this email arrived. Instead it is an automated reply containing no information. Instead it tells me to log into PayPal & to check my messages there.

Checking my messages it contains information on how to log in to my account & how to recall my account history. All this information I already knew. There was no link to this "archived website" as promised.

So far it's four hours of wasted time.

Anyways your disputes department was able to manually read off my account history, although this was a chore in itself. The agent originally insisted the issue was with currency conversion. It took some time for her to see that she was wrong.

As originally stated Facebook had made unauthorized withdrawals from my PayPal account. Her review showed this to be the case, however it turns out not all the money was refunded. Apparently two charges were reversed, but the third never occurred.

I was then informed that I have 180 days to dispute charges & thus could no longer dispute them. I pointed out that I did dispute the charges, & then my account was supposed to be fully refunded but never was.

Approaching four and a half hours and I've just got off the phone with your agent. She is emailing me my account history. Since the first agent was also doing this for me, which never arrived, we'll have to see of this second agent lives up to her word.

This is why people don't complain about paltry amounts like $6.37 Canadian. I've put in 4.5 hours. Apparently my time is worth $1.41/hour. It would have been best not to have spent a moment looking into this matter.

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 4.49.44 PM.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@DJJamesFalk

Try this PayPal history link. Set your calender dates in 23 month increments.

https://www.paypal.com/history

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@DJJamesFalk

Try this PayPal history link. Set your calender dates in 23 month increments.

https://www.paypal.com/history

Login to Me Too

DJJamesFalk
Contributor
Contributor

Perfect. You did in a moment what 3 service reps failed to do in 4.5 hours

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.