Tax ID Already Submitted?

LavenderPlant
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email saying that I had to update my PayPal tax ID, and that I need to follow the link in the email to resolve the issue. However, when I click on the link in the email, it says 'Your information has been submitted. Thanks for providing the information we requested". But it didn't give me a chance to provide the information.

Anyone else have this type of issue? Is there somewhere else I can go on my account to add the tax ID myself without following the link in the email?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

LavenderPlant
Contributor
Contributor
So I actually figured out how to message PayPal and asked directly about this, and was told that the original email I received something automated and if I am told that they have the required information upon clicking the button, then I’m all set. Hopefully this can help anyone else who may have the same concern!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @LavenderPlant,

Welcome! Thanks for reaching out on our Community Forums. It is normal for PayPal to take 3-4 business days to review submitted documentation. I would recommend keeping an eye on your email inbox or Secure Message Center for any updates. 

If you're concerned the email you received may not be from PayPal, here's a great Help Center article you may find useful: How do I spot and report a fake, fraudulent, or phishing PayPal email or website?

Have a great one!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
Solved

LavenderPlant
Contributor
Contributor
So I actually figured out how to message PayPal and asked directly about this, and was told that the original email I received something automated and if I am told that they have the required information upon clicking the button, then I’m all set. Hopefully this can help anyone else who may have the same concern!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.