Suspicious account notifications

vgarza1424
Contributor
Contributor
Why do I keep receiving email notifications (like 7 in a row) telling me my PayPal account has been accessed from a new or different location? To begin with, I haven't even used my PayPal account in months.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

IAMPCBOB
Contributor
Contributor

I think we all get these. It's known as phishing. DO NOT reply to any of those emails! Go directly to PayPal and see if there is anything there for you. Most likely there isn't. Check out the fraud alert here on PP and follow their directions. Most likely you have to send them a copy of the emails you have received. Then, delete them.  It's just one of the MANY joys of using a computer these days!  🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi vgarza1424, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum. 

I understand your concern regarding these email notifications, they are usually sent if we suspect a third party is trying to access your PayPal account without your authorization. I would recommend logging into your PayPal account and reviewing the account activity to ensure no payments were made that you do not recognise. If you feel safer changing the password and security questions on your account you can do that by following these steps:

Here’s how to change your password:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out".
  3. Click Security.
  4. Click Update beside "Password."
  5. Enter your new password and click Change Password.

Here’s how to change your security questions:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out".
  3. Click Security.
  4. Click Revise beside "Security Questions."
  5. Enter your security questions and answers, and click Save.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.