Suspicious Activity looming?

Cstober
New Community Member

When I used paypal.me for the first time today, my username was strange & unrecognizable. I thought maybe they gave you a generic username until you change it. I can't find a way to change my username anywhere so I log into Paypal on my PC...then find the home page & account settings in French. Then I go into account settings, my home address is correct but the business address is from another state. The NAME on my account is registered to a random guy. I google the address, this guy's full name comes up, his phone numbers, his age etc. This is a 69 year old man, was his identity taken?

I just went through all of my statements, no funds are missing or directed anywhere unusual. My problem is I don't know how to continue with Paypal, customer service prompts me to select all suspicious statements. There are no suspicious statements (yet). I just want to change my account settings back, disassociate from this guy and possibly request Paypal to investigate it.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

SeattleShopper
Contributor
Contributor

Right??? Where's the customer service???? I recommend deleting the account and going with another service - Venmo, Square, Zella, your bank....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.