Stuck in purchase transaction with wrong phone number

iontichy
New Community Member

First of all I am **bleep** off as hell that PayPal crowdsources their support. It should be THEIR job to resolve support issues. Typical of an Elon Musk brainchild, externalise cost. This really annoys me. 

As for the actual problem: at some point in time years ago I entered a mobile phone number and it worked fine. I don't approve of 2FA because I think it's a security risk. Yes, you heard correctly. Because it will allow any fascist dictator to pinpoint your location every time you transfer money. You think it's a security device? Far from it. It's a surveillance hose job. 

In any event, I started a purchase and choose PayPal. In the authentication screen it asked me to pick SMS or phone call. Unfortunately PayPal seems to have dropped a zero from the international prefix. SMS didn't arrive, neither did phone call. Now I am stuck, because every time I log in I am redirected again to the outstanding purchase. So how am I supposed to correct THEIR damn mistake?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@iontichy 

Have you added a cell phone that was issued in your country and you have a paypal account opened in the country you reside in?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.