Stuck in login authentication loop

Snubagaff
New Community Member

Hi,

I've been trying to login to my paypal account without success for a while now.

I enter my email address and password and click login which sends me to the next page which has an option to send a text message to my phone number containing a 6 digit 2FA security code. When I enter the code and hit continue, it appears to load and a green tick appears before sending me back to the first login page in an endless loop. I've tried almost 10 times to no avail. I was able to login to paypal community to create this post using the same phone and account with no issues. Please help me.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

LCCube
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed that this happens more often when I'm trying to log in to Paypal through a VPN connection.

When connecting via a standard/direct internet connection, it occurs far less often. Cookie/browser settings also likely to have an impact.

In short: users who have the lowest security settings when shopping online are less likely to run into that issue 😉

I got used to using other payment methods, as the 2FA loop incidents are incredibly frustrating and time consuming.

Trying to get in touch with paypal customer service is another time sinkhole...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.