Strangers name on my profile

AnneB4111
New Community Member

Hi, So I logged in aa usual although this was the first time I had done it directly through the site to actually pay rather than going through eBay or such like. My friend said it should it should say 'Send and Request' but these were desperate and it also only gave me the option to send money to a friend aboard rather than friends and family. I felt a bit unsure so didn't progress but instead side swiped to my profile where there was a photo of a man called Adam <removed>!! I logged out and logged back in and changed my password. Any thoughts? Perhaps the first part is just not doing it before but the profile is strange! Thanks Anne

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AnneB4111 

PayPal collects contacts of those who you may have paid in the past or friends of friends's paypal.me links on the send and request page so that could have been what you saw? Maybe you side swiped the contacts link on the page and those profiles showed up.

On the Send and Request page, type in the email address you're sending to and click Next, does a dialogue window pop up and give you a choice to send friends and family/good and services? If so, choose friends and family.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.