Stop automatically changing settings!

mikegriese
Contributor
Contributor

How can I get PayPal to stop automatically changing settings?  I NEVER EVER want PayPal to automatically log me in EVER.  From ANYWHERE!!!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mikegriese 

How do I de-activate the feature?

You can easily de-activate One TouchTM by turning it off within your account. Just go to your PayPal.com profile, click the Settings icon next to “Log out.”, then click the Security tab, and edit your “One Touch® for auto login at checkout” option. Business account users can deactivate by clicking “My settings” under Profile and editing the “Stay logged in for faster purchases” option.

Other alternative methods to de-activate /revoke One TouchTM 

are:
  • Call PayPal customer service
  • Clear cookies
  • On password change, PayPal revokes the consent
  • PayPal can force ‘Show Login’ for suspicious activity/account
  • You can turn it off within your settings in your account on the web
  • Starting July 14th 2019, if you stop using One TouchTM – we’ll turn it off after a period of inactivity.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mikegriese
Contributor
Contributor

Wrong answer to the wrong question.  I have turned off one touch.  Several times.  PayPal keeps "conveniently" turning it back on.  Which misses my main point.  PayPal should NEVER change settings by itself.  Especially when making access to MONEY easier.  My problem is with the whole concept of PayPal doing this on its own. 

Login to Me Too

mikegriese
Contributor
Contributor

Wrong answer to the wrong question.  I have turned off one touch.  Several times.  PayPal keeps "conveniently" turning it back on.  Which misses my main point.  PayPal should NEVER change settings by itself.  Especially when making access to MONEY easier.  My problem is with the whole concept of PayPal doing this on its own. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mikegriese 

Your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20221223K
Contributor
Contributor

This is not the issue.  The issue is that PayPal is turning it on without our permission AND IT HAS TO STOP!!!  We can turn it off ourselves, but the minute we use PayPal to check out somewhere, here comes the stupid e-mail that says "We recognize your device..."

Such unbelievable idiots.

Login to Me Too

twanet
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed! I'm so tired of this. WTF? they have no right to change personal security settings and yet PayPal seems to do this every few months and after some purchases. It is unsafe and should be illegal for them to do this!!

Login to Me Too

L__C
Contributor
Contributor

I agree!  And I don’t know to whom to complain.  I get so tired of being asked if I want to turn it on and wish there was a choice like “Don’t ever ask me again!”  Twice they have done it automatically, as they did with you (unless there’s some auto-checked box we’re not seeing).  Other people use my devices and I want my password to be required!  We should not have to go through steps to de-activate it each time they do this.  

Login to Me Too

Temp20221223K
Contributor
Contributor

Here too. PayPal is oblivious to this problem. I've had an ongoing message chat with customer service for over a month because they don't seem to understand that PayPal is the one turning Auto Login back on.  They say "but I can see Auto Login is already off in your account." DUH!  Because I TURNED IT OFF!  They don't seem to understand that THEY are the ones turning it back on AGAINST MY WISHES!!!

Login to Me Too

mikegriese
Contributor
Contributor

Goddamnit!  You did it AGAIN!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.