Stimulus deposit

Kaye_kahakui
Contributor
Contributor
Does anyone know what time does PayPal start depositing our refund to our accounts ? I also read they can hold funds for 3- 5 days ? I have a refund date for the 29th and still waiting ? Any help is appreciated.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Temp20230525bw
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. Says it’ll be deposited the 29th and nothing.. they sure are quick to take money but will take their time giving it to us. Even when this is most extreme of desperate situations and even an hour is a big deal, people are hungry and that money is needed terribly. I’m literally dumbfounded that they were one of the first direst to recommend people using them to get their payments faster. I would have my paper check already. Now I’m going to have to wait until they feel ready to give it to me? Unreal!!
Login to Me Too

Kaye_kahakui
Contributor
Contributor
Yes i agree with you . I possibly should have gone through chime ! Family members and friends all receive there stimulus refund 2 days early from there deposit day ! Wth we all going through hard times and are on endge and waiting for money thats suppose to come in makes the sistuation more stressful ! I thought paypal was a good choice because based off what i read not experience. I hope everyone deposit does come in today ! Im in Hawaii and its only 9:30 pm . I read they deposit around 3am the morning of deposit ? But i could be wrong. Its Its craziness that Paypal isnt expediting our deposit since we chose to use them .
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525bw
Contributor
Contributor
I’m in Oregon and it’s a little after midnight now and nothin. I used PayPal because I’ve used it for so many things and never had any kind of delay whatsoever. As far as eBay goes they take the money scary fast sometimes. Same with transfers and refunds.. all in a matter of seconds not even minutes. I figured this was my Safest bet to not have to do exactly what I’m doing now. Sit here on the day I’m supposed to get it wondering where the hell it is... PayPal should be ashamed of themselves for suggesting people use this route and then putting a delay on it that makes it slower than a paper check! I woulda been in the lowest bracket and already gotten a paper check by now. I’m also seeing places where it says if you update your direct deposit info and have already gotten your refund for 2019 if you use paypal you could see your stimulus deposited “INSTANTLY” either those sites are reporting bs or PayPal is doing this backwards and catering to those who have rather than those in need. No one should be catered to. Just do your damn job! This whole ordeal has become more stressful than not getting the money. If I woulda been told from day 1 I wasn’t getting anything I think I may have been better off than what this has turned into. I’m ok. I have food and I have basic essentials. I’m speaking on behalf of those without internet right now that can’t say this themselves because PayPal or another shady third party site that was claiming to expedite the process has theirs and they can no longer afford basic needs. None of these people in charge will ever know what it feels like to look at your bank account not knowing where your next paycheck is coming from and see $0.000 and I truly don’t even wish that on them because I don’t wish that on anyone but it’s reality for me now and a lot of other people. Putting the dates behind these things made people count on things being here by those dates. Now because we trusted our government and banks we are once again left in the dark and sitting here hoping that $0.00 changes fast, like yesterday.
Login to Me Too

Ginomartino
Contributor
Contributor
We're still waiting. It's website said the 29th and we've been counting the hours waiting for today. We've been at $0 for weeks now waiting for unemployment or the stimulus. Now it's almost 8pm and still nothing- back to sleep I guess
Login to Me Too

Scotty1125
Contributor
Contributor
I have gotten nothing and it's said April 29th.wth is going on.im bout over this I need that money!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.