Sorry, you can’t remove this bank account because of a pending transaction. Please try again later.

filmmaker_wy
Contributor
Contributor

Changed all payments to another bank account and still cant delete old account. Please advise.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@filmmaker_wy

Check if you had a subscription set up...

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mhulse
Contributor
Contributor

For me, using the "new" looking PayPal interface, I had to click the gear icon, then click the "Payments" tab. From there, I clicked the "Manage automatic payments" button. On the page that followed, I deactivated all automatic payments.

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/autopay/

I was still not able to remove bank account.

Next, and this I did not see until a week or two later, I went back to above page and noticed a link that says "Can’t find what you’re looking for? Try the manage pre-approved payments page." (I thought this WAS the manage pre-approved payments page?????)

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_manage-paylist

The above link took me to a page in the PayPal old-design/look/feel and that's where I saw like 30 more "active" pre-approved payment sources (plus it shows the ones I disabled on the new look/feel page above). I went through ALL pre-approved payment sources, one by one, and turned them to "inactive".

Unfortunately, after all of that work, I still get "Sorry, you can’t remove this bank account because of a pending transaction. Please try again later." when trying to remove this one bank account.

I guess, maybe, I need to now wait 90 days? Kinda frustrating. At a minimum, the "Sorry" message could be descriptive.

Login to Me Too

filmmaker_wy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for posting. And thanks for posting that link. I'll also give it a try.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.