Someone is using my account to steal money from people. Can't cancel account. Need help!

galeschroeder1
New Community Member

Hey there,

As the title says, my account has been compromised and someone under the name 'Jeremy <removed>' has been using the account to steal money from people. I have been contact by them personally saying they "hadn't received items" from him. He has tried to switch my account to French to keep me from stopping this. He has changed the phone number and tried to change the email. He also changed the account type to a business account so that he could increase the amount of money he is trying to steal. I need to be able to cancel my account, as my identity has been compromised and is being used. Has anyone experienced this and can anyone help me cancel my account? Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @galeschroeder1,

Thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums. We would recommend changing the password and security questions instead of cancelling the account. If there are any unauthorized transactions sent from your account, you can report them through the Resolution Center.

Best wishes, 

- Jon K 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.