Someone else using my bank account details.

Lozzarose
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, Just wanted some help with my current situation as I’m at my wits end. I recently tried to change my bank account details on my paypal to my new account and it wouldn’t let me, coming up with an error message that they are already in use on someone else’s account. No one has access to this information and I haven’t used them so some stranger is using my account details on their paypal. This is obviously a huge concern for my security, as I think it means that whoever is using it can take X amount of money whenever they so please from my account. I have desperately been trying to get in contact about the issue with no success. I’ve been waiting for days for a reply on the message centre, hours for a reply on the web chat thing, call centres are closed with Covid-19. I managed to get a reply on twitter but they have just transferred my query to another team who I’m still waiting on hearing from. I can’t report it as a fraud on the website because no transaction has been made yet. I have been in contact with my bank and there is nothing they can do either. I understand that things are all thrown off with Covid-19 but you would think that a company dealing with such sensitive information would have better security around such an issue and a 24 hour fraud team. If anyone has any advice I’d be very grateful. Many thanks.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Cazberry
New Community Member
Hi LozzaRose, Did you ever get a solution or help? I have messaged the chat bot that says an answer in a few hours but it has been nearly 24. Thanks
Login to Me Too

Lozzarose
Contributor
Contributor
Hey there, It took me days to get a reply and when I did, I was essentially told to just open a new bank account and close that one, because they have to do the investigation over the phone? Awful service
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.