Solution on Error message when removing bank card

Act1ve
Contributor
Contributor
I have been trying to sort this out off and on for a few years now as the bank account was closed and I wanted to remove the account from PayPal but just kept getting error messages. Various unhelpful messages back and fourth with PayPal and I eventually rang them after they finally told me something that makes sense. Simply put the primary account setting is permanent so they have to remove it for you after verifying who you are. My Email from PayPal- Good afternoon. Thank you for getting back to PayPal about removing your bank account, I know that this is important. The bank account that you are trying to remove is set as the primary bank account on file hence this may b the reason why you are unable to remove it. We can manually remove this bank details for you though we need you to call us as we need to run a verification step that can only be done over the phone so we can make changes on your behalf. We can be reached at [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]from 8:00 AM to 6:30 PM, Monday to Sunday. Hope this helps those of you struggling as I’ve found a few on here.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Act1ve
Contributor
Contributor
The number is blocked but if you message them They should provide a zero eight hundred number or a zero two zero number. The first tells you to call the latter if you are calling from a mobile to avoid excessive charges
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.