downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

skydealer
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Paypal account that I have used for probably 15 years or more.  Sometime in the past I must have upgraded it to a business account but now that I'm retired I'm not sure if this is the right thing to have.

I no longer own a business as far as typical businesses go but I am now slowly selling off all many of my belongings and my collections from the past 60 years.  I have well less than 200 sales a year and well under the $20,000 mark for annual sales. I probably sell a few hundred bucks a month if I'm lucky.   I don't ever buy things with plans on reselling it.  Basically, all of my sales are because I'm downsizing.

I used to use the PayPal account when I had a business, but even that was just part time stuff and probably ended around  2005-2006 when I closed things down.

Am I doing something wrong or causing any possible issues having my account listed on PayPal as a business, or should I downgrade it to a personal or premier (if this can even be done)?

I'm just want to make sure that I'm doing things correctly now - thank you for any help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@skydealer 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Philip_Olesco
Contributor
Contributor

Is there anyway to downgrade my account as of 13/12/2019? I've searched for methods in youtube such as contacting support but the option to downgrade my account isn't there. I've upgraded from Personal to Business thinking it would fix my problem of getting a "Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later." everytime I try to send money over to a friend. Now I would like to downgrade my account to personal, any possible fixes?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Philip_Olesco 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sarahfloyd
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. I today been told that I need to change my account to solo and not business. I've not been told how to do can someone help
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sarahfloyd 

Scroll up 3 posts to my answer above.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

raulstarosa
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, how can I change business account to personal account?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@raulstarosa 

OR

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PlanetGunta
New Community Member

Hi! I'm from Latvia. 🤔I would like to know how to downgrade from business account back to personal. I contacted PayPal but still no answer. I know that when I was thinking about creating a business where was a link to downgrade back to personal. But now they had some changes, and it has disappeared. As well, I wanted to change my profile photo but it seems it is only possible on personal account and the business photo does not stick to PayPal.me/... link, as well, the link is nowhere seen. I would love to have some advice. Thank you.😊

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PlanetGunta 

OR

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.