Sick and tired of having to verify MYSELF every time I want to use PayPal

bittyboy101
Contributor
Contributor
  • "Quick security check We just need some additional information to confirm it's you. Receive a text"

I am so fed up and tired of having to verify myself every time I want to use PayPal, and only an Mobile phone option given to do it when my phone is no longer working.

Tonight, I am now left starving because I am being asked by PayPal the above quick security check when trying to pay for my dinner on "Just Eat"

I am to the end of my tether with this now and PayPal don't seem to consider how this is affecting their user's as they would either give their user's a way to opt out or GIVE MORE WAYS FOR A USER TO BE ABLE TO VERIFY THEMSELVES - Why have they taken the landline option away ??? - Which moppet assumed that everyone MUST own a mobile phone ??? and  didn't think it through that there may be network problems or not everyone may own a mobile phone ! 

PLEASE PAYPAL - IF YOU ARE GOING TO CARRY ON WITH THIS AWFUL 2 STEP VERIFICATION AT LEAST GIVE US MORE OPTIONS TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS VERIFICATION !,  as I am now left with NO DINNER tonight thanks to this horrible security check which insists to send a text code to my mobile phone which is dead 😞 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bittyboy101 

Yes it would but sadly paypal is not always sensible or helpful.   😏

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bittyboy101 

You need to add a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account to continue using it.
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

bittyboy101
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Thanks for your reply - Much appreciated.

I cannot understand WHY only a mobile phone ?.... Why not any other sensible options ?

I know we are now stuck with this extra security measure but why can't PayPal provide more options to do this verification as that would be most helpful.  

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bittyboy101 

Yes it would but sadly paypal is not always sensible or helpful.   😏

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Percuter
Contributor
Contributor
Good Morning, Are you using the App guys ? If so go onto your Account using your browser and do exactly the same HOWEVER you now get the Option of using your App to verify yourself. So whilst going through the confirmarion process and after pressing 'next step' go to your App and it will ask you to confirm if it's you with a Yes or No and then go back to main screen...you should now be all done...I hardly use the App anymore it's useless. Hope this helps !
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.