Shows ERROR when I try to remove an email

sntslp
Contributor
Contributor

I accidentally spelt my email wrong when I was trying to update my account.  I tried removing it but it always shows that 'There's an error. Contact Help Support now.' Here's a list of things I've tried:

- I did go to the help support but to no avail.  Customer Service is currently down as well.

- I checked if the 'incorrect' email is taken and it is so I'm worried that person might confirm the email change and use my Paypal account..

- I tried changing the email on the settings but it still shows 'There's an error. Contact Help Support now.'

Can someone help me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sntslp 

To change your email address or remove a wrong one you have to add the correct one first.........

Go and click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > click on the + and ''add'' another/new email address > verify it > go back and click on ''update'' and tick the box underneath that says ''make primary'' > then you should get the remove option by the old now longer primary email. You can remove that one or leave it on as you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

makiig
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi Goodday @sntslp We do appreciate your time and effort contacting us. Here's one way on how you can contact us and I do apologize for any inconvenience.I would also include a link below that would help regarding your concern. You may chat with us by logging in to your Paypal account and go to Message center. You would see an option to chat with a representative. Or you may contact us through social media. Facebook (US) : www.facebook.com/paypal Twitter (US) : @AskPaypal https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-change-my-email-address-faq1797?app=searchAutoC...
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sntslp 

To change your email address or remove a wrong one you have to add the correct one first.........

Go and click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > click on the + and ''add'' another/new email address > verify it > go back and click on ''update'' and tick the box underneath that says ''make primary'' > then you should get the remove option by the old now longer primary email. You can remove that one or leave it on as you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.