Shipping items before or after verifying account and accepting payment

jpatel
Contributor
Contributor

I can't accept payment that I received from a buyer because my account isn't verified through a bank account. I've been having a lot of trouble with linking accounts as PayPal can't instantly link my Wells Fargo account, so I've chosen to wait for their deposit and withdrawal confirmation method. Unfortunately, I will have to wait a couple of days for that. In the mean time, would it be safe to send my item to the buyer or should I wait until my account is verified. Is the money securely mine now, but just awaiting transfer once I'm verified or does the buyer have the ability to cancel this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jpatel wrote:

I can't accept payment that I received from a buyer because my account isn't verified through a bank account. I've been having a lot of trouble with linking accounts as PayPal can't instantly link my Wells Fargo account, so I've chosen to wait for their deposit and withdrawal confirmation method. Unfortunately, I will have to wait a couple of days for that. In the mean time, would it be safe to send my item to the buyer or should I wait until my account is verified. Is the money securely mine now, but just awaiting transfer once I'm verified or does the buyer have the ability to cancel this?

As long as the funds are reflected in your PayPal balance or pending balance and on your summary or activity page, and there is nothing in the transaction details that say do not ship, then go ahead and ship. In that case, there should be a link that says "Print Shipping Label" in the relevant transaction on the summary page. You can keep the funds in your Paypal Balance until you are able to verify your bank account. You can also verify your account by linking a credit or debit card and providing a SSN#, if verifying the bank is delaying and you can withdraw to your bank debit card for a 1% fee and have the funds there in 30 minutes provided there are no delays. In the meantime, you can take the time you need to get the bank account verified and standard withdraw to it for free in the near future.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.