Sending and receiving limit

ahmadbasit
New Community Member

Hi,

I want to know the sending and receiving limit of my account. I couldn't find any option. I want to see what is my available sending and receiving limit

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

dtbecker
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, its not as easy as it used to be to find out your limits. You can follow these steps from PayPal to ensure your account is not limited:

1. Go to the Resolution Center. (Click "Help" at the top of your PayPal account and type "Resolution Center", then click the link). 
  2. Under 'You account access is limited', click Go to Account Limitations.
  3. Next to each step required to remove the limitation, click Resolve and follow the steps to provide that information.

If your account does not list any limitation under Resolution Center, then you have a Verified account and can send/receive up to the following:

If your account is Verified, there’s no limit on the total amount of money you can send from your account. You can send up to $60,000, but may be limited to $10,000, in a single transaction. (This amount can vary, though, depending on your currency.)

This basically means you can in theory send $60,000 in one transaction to a merchant. But PayPal reserves the right to limit the transaction if they choose. I know certain countries will allow people to sometimes only send $10,000 at one time. For example, if I wanted to send a merchant $60,000 in one transaction based in the United States I would most likely be able to do so. However, if I want to send $60,000 to someone in India, it would almost certainly be limited to just $10,000 per transaction. 

The PayPal customer service number is unfortunately closed due to the pandemic, so there are limited options for support.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

dtbecker
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, its not as easy as it used to be to find out your limits. You can follow these steps from PayPal to ensure your account is not limited:

1. Go to the Resolution Center. (Click "Help" at the top of your PayPal account and type "Resolution Center", then click the link). 
  2. Under 'You account access is limited', click Go to Account Limitations.
  3. Next to each step required to remove the limitation, click Resolve and follow the steps to provide that information.

If your account does not list any limitation under Resolution Center, then you have a Verified account and can send/receive up to the following:

If your account is Verified, there’s no limit on the total amount of money you can send from your account. You can send up to $60,000, but may be limited to $10,000, in a single transaction. (This amount can vary, though, depending on your currency.)

This basically means you can in theory send $60,000 in one transaction to a merchant. But PayPal reserves the right to limit the transaction if they choose. I know certain countries will allow people to sometimes only send $10,000 at one time. For example, if I wanted to send a merchant $60,000 in one transaction based in the United States I would most likely be able to do so. However, if I want to send $60,000 to someone in India, it would almost certainly be limited to just $10,000 per transaction. 

The PayPal customer service number is unfortunately closed due to the pandemic, so there are limited options for support.

Login to Me Too

Amzcor
New Community Member

The response to this question only mentions Sending.

What about receiving funds?

Is there any limit to receiving funds, once your account is verified?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.