Security phone number is wrong

Spanishtickle
Contributor
Contributor

When trying to login PayPal says it wants to verify my ID but the phone number it has is a very old one and doesn’t give me any other option.  Any ideas how I can get access again?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You'll need to call and get that worked out with PayPal over the phone. Then you'll need to make sure you keep your account updated going forward to avoid similar problems in the future.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You'll need to call and get that worked out with PayPal over the phone. Then you'll need to make sure you keep your account updated going forward to avoid similar problems in the future.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

MarijaNS
Contributor
Contributor

Calls are suspended due COVID19. The phone connected to my email address is from another country, ie my account has been hacked. Why isn't there an option to verify my account via email?

Login to Me Too

thejun
New Community Member

Me as well, I get 2 options, phone and email.  The phone number is from another country somehow.  So I choose email.  After verifying email, it tells me I have to then verify phone number too which I can't.  So I call paypal and just get hung up on with the message we cannot help you with this issue over the phone, please goto the website.
So I just get **bleep**ed around.  How can I get this taken care of.  You would think paypal is a big enough company where I can get stuff like this solved, but this is kind of sad.

Login to Me Too

myleslie76
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue for months.

My moms account has an old number on it and has a 2nd phone number for verification when i changed the password, but when we go to log in it wants to verify with the old phone number and does not give any other option. 

i call it says can't help me then says use message, message thingy says call. over and over for months.

there is money sitting in the account for my mom she can't get to.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.