Security issue

jamiediamond1
New Community Member
I can’t access my account when trying to make a transaction or update my preferred number as when it comes to the security options, it only offers text or phone calls to my “preferred” number which I no longer have access to. I’ve managed to add my current number to my account through the app but it won’t let me set it as my preferred number. Is there anyway I can change this or change the security code to go to my email?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, jamiediamond1. Thanks for taking the time to post your concern here on the PayPal Community Forum. I'm sorry you've run into difficulty accessing your PayPal account, though.

When information is out of date, however, it's usually necessary to call Customer Service so we can confirm your identity and account ownership before assisting with the update you mentioned. Security is a top priority, and it's not possible for customers, or even for PayPal Representatives, to cause the Security System to offer different options in this situation. To see the phone number for the center that services your region, please navigate to https://www.paypal.com, click Contact at the bottom of the page, click Call Us, and then click Call Us As A Guest.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but I hope this is helpful, at least in clarifying what is and is not possible. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.