Security issue: Force all browsers, apps, etc., to login again with new password?

khaake
Contributor
Contributor

My wife or I had previously allowed our son to purchase something online using our paypal account. We noticed at a later time that there were a few minor extra purchases he made in addition to the original one. After talking with him, we changed our Paypal login password, thinking that this would fix the issue if an attempt was made to use the account to pay for something in the future.

Well, it did not. We had another purchase go through this morning. Is it possible to force a device/app to login to paypal again once it has already successfully done so in the past? Is it possible to log everything out?

This morning I tried to go through the settings for my Paypal account, and found a setting which sounded promising: 
"My checkout settings" looked promising"My checkout settings" looked promising

However, when I click on Update in the My checkout settings section, it redirects me back to My Profile --> My business info. I cannot change this setting.

Is it not possible to force the user to login again? This seems like a security issue.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.