Security code problem - long delay PP sending text

DAEdmunds
Contributor
Contributor

I recently needed to update CC info.  

PP required entry of a code either from a text sent to me. No texts were received.

I tried the alternative, using a phone call.  The security code was rejected when I entered it.   

After 3 tries, I finally got a  security code that worked, so I could up date the CC info.

About an hour later, I began to receive texts with security code numbers to use, 

coming at even intervals of about 5 minutes.  Four at least.

Am I the only one who had this problem?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_paula

Hi DAEdmunds and welcome, 

I am sorry to hear that you were having issues receiving your security code. We did have an issue a few days ago with this but it has since been resolved so it should be working as normal for you. I do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Colonelvelvet
New Community Member
5 minute delay in verification text today. Had to ask for phone call which was immediate. Not ideal when trying to pay quietly for Xmas gifts.
Login to Me Too

RA52
New Community Member

It is second time I have this issue within 5 days, either security code delays for 10-20 minutes or same code comes twice. I have contacted the Help Center,and I was told to " Do not log in for week or two" !! However I had to log in for complite my Christmas shopping, So after about 8 hrs problem solved and I did login. Again today security code received 30 minuts late, then 2 more massage with same codes received. Hope PayPal still is safe and secure.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.