Security Issue - Email Used For Login

StaySafe
New Community Member

I don't use my PayPal account because my login email (for what is essentially a bank) will be given to others.  PayPal's loss!

Unless..... Can I have an email address on my PayPal account that is shared with vendors, but can NOT be used to log in to my account? 

I can't find a way to do this.  It would be so easy.... A checkbox beside each email address that says "Will be shared with others (can NOT be used to log in to PayPal)".

For security, I have 2 separate email addresses:

• A@xxxx.com - My IMPORTANT email address which is used very sparingly (banks, utilities, government, etc.).
  • B@xxxx.com - My JUNK email address that I use for everything else, because I know that some people/vendors will spam me with it and/or sell it to the entire world.

Reasons for this approach:

• Makes it difficult for my important services to get hacked because the rest of the world doesn't even have the "A" email address used for login.
  • Very light traffic for important things (I don't miss important emails in the clutter of the junk).
  • Makes it easy to spot (and avoid) phishing attacks etc. because the scammers will be trying to hack using my "B" email address (they don't know about "A").  I don't have to question whether these emails to "B" are scams - THEY ARE..... DELETE!

I'd really like to use PayPal, but I won't unless I can figure out how to NOT share my PayPal login email address.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.