Security Codes being sent

SGoodman
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings,

I keep receiving text messages saying "Your security code is: [code] Your code expires in 5 minutes. Please don't reply."

Is someone trying to log into my account? How can I stop this?

I've already changed my password.

Thanks,

Shane.

Login to Me Too
71 REPLIES 71

FlowBee
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently this is still a thing... I just got three in rapid fire succession...  except I did not get the "do not reply" in the message...and it was from a very paypal-like # With 7s 9s 2s and 5s but it was NOT the number that paypal uses...

In this entire thread it did not look to me like PP had ANYTHING to say about this... which I find quite disappointing.

Login to Me Too

azonicbruce
New Community Member
Same thing just happened to me a minute ago. Not very reassuring.
Login to Me Too

mcgibson
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happening to me. After the first, I contacted PayPal. They said wasn’t them, change your password. I did so. Now just received another. Really have no clue what to do here.
Login to Me Too

Math10
Contributor
Contributor
Hi - what happened to you in the end? I'm got 5 of those texts in rapid succession (two batches very close together - 3 and 2). Any info will be very helpful. Thanks.
Login to Me Too

mcgibson
Contributor
Contributor
Wish I could help. For me, it stopped. I changed my password anyway. Paypal did nothing. Blew it off. Not pleased with them. I thought it more serious than they did.
Login to Me Too

Math10
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks. I changed my password, sec q's, and put two step sec in place. It seems ok now and no dodgy activity on my pp account, apart from the hack attempt.
Login to Me Too

New Community Member

This just started happening to me, I received 6 text messages with security codes at around midnight last night.

I changed all of my passwords and security questions etc.. Thought it would be done with, but then I just got another one.

Worried this person won't give up? Any additional advice?

Login to Me Too

bobbywaves

You already had 2 factor authentication set up, otherwise you wouldn't have received the security code.

Login to Me Too

Mommajil
Contributor
Contributor
Same, first I got several emails saying my account was frozen blah blah so I changed my password. Now I’m getting these texts wanting my security code even tho I haven’t been on or used PayPal in over a week. I’m glad I have enough questions to ignore them but I can see how some people could get sucked down the rabbit hole. Sadly
Login to Me Too

Jaafar2
hey how do I get a new security code on PayPal?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.