Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Codes being sent

SGoodman
Contributor

Security Codes being sent

Greetings,

I keep receiving text messages saying "Your security code is: [code] Your code expires in 5 minutes. Please don't reply."

Is someone trying to log into my account? How can I stop this?

I've already changed my password.

Thanks,

Shane.

11 REPLIES 11
Nickieeee
Contributor

Re: Security Codes being sent

Yes. There's a high possibility that someone is trying to access your account

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@SGoodman

<removed>

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
SGoodman
Contributor

It looks like a big issue is that some carriers allow you to view text messages on the web. My carrier (Telus Mobility) no longer offers this.

The other issue are the Security Questions. I hope mine are secure enough.

If I'm receiving the security code text messages, does that mean that someone already has my password?

Shane.

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@SGoodman

Always best to change your password and / or security questions fairly regularly 'just in case'.

If worried give customer services a call.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
SGoodman
Contributor

I changed my password, but I'm still getting the text messages.

Shane.

Nomis22

I just had the same text, but then I had a follow-up phone call from Ohio (I'm in UK) saying "Hi this is Paypal. Please enter your security code. Clearly someone is going through two stage i.d. and then phoning in the hope that I will give them my clearance code. DON'T respond to the phone call.

Wilo_Wilo
Contributor

Me too. Is it a scam or just an error in the system.
Jknewbie

Greetings, I keep receiving text messages saying "Your security code is: [code] Your code expires in 5 minutes. Please don't reply." I was wondering the same thing bc I just got a text and didn’t request a code-Is someone trying to log into my account? Im changing my password. Just had me concerned and wondered if I should contact support ?
FlowBee
Contributor

Apparently this is still a thing... I just got three in rapid fire succession...  except I did not get the "do not reply" in the message...and it was from a very paypal-like # With 7s 9s 2s and 5s but it was NOT the number that paypal uses...

In this entire thread it did not look to me like PP had ANYTHING to say about this... which I find quite disappointing.