Security Challenge stops login

LESLIEP5
Contributor
Contributor

Suddenly I am getting a security challenge message but the captcha box does not load properly and loops so it can't be checked. This causes it to say it can't log me in now - try again later but the same thing happens again and again. How can I get around it? The person shopping for me using my card lost it and I can't report it or ask for a new card because there is no phone service and the login on the site does not work so I can't message them or get to the message center since it shows login first. The password is correct. What can I do?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

RichardCarter
Contributor
Contributor

Having very similar problem on paypal.com. But I was able to log-in to community site!!

Login to Me Too

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, in fact it is getting to the point where I do not want to ever log into my PayPal account anymore because of it....

I am getting a 'Security Challenge' every single time I login, even tough it is always on the same computer. What is worse, the challenge seems to be broken somehow, because it wants you to click all the boxes with some item in them, supposedly until there are no more of the item, but if you do this, it just comes back with 'Please try again', and opens a new box, asking the same thing.

After MULTIPLE attempts, it will finally let you in, but it is frustrating when it does not even work correctly, and you have to do it at every login.

Add this on top of the fact that PayPal is using the pandemic as an excuse to make themselves impossible to contact, and you have a recipe for a business going under.

I would like to find an alternative, but PayPal is too widespread, and finding a workable option is near to impossible.

They have just gotten so big now, that they don't even care anymore, and that is a pandemic with well known organizations, who get to a certain point where they seem to forget that it was their customers who got them there!!

PS. Here we go again, you have to do a broken Security Challenge to post here too. What A RIP!!

Login to Me Too

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

So, after leaving here, and getting taken to yet ANOTHER piece of garbage 'Security Challenge' I thought I would try to do the Audio challenge instead, but that is yet another example of PayPal trying to make it impossible to use their ridiculous website, in that they ask you type in what you hear, but everything that is said is really fast, sounds blurry, and has a thick accent, making it something you could not even understand. As such they FORCE you to do the broken check box challenge thing.

I am so disgusted with what has happened to this organization, that I cannot even stand it.

How in the world is a company like this still in business??

Now I have to run the 'Security Challenge' gauntlet again, to try and post this.

PLEASE Lord Above, somebody come up with an alternative to PayPal!!

Login to Me Too

la_cards
Contributor
Contributor

same CONSTANT problem. the security challenges do not even load correctly. flash on and off like it's a video game. then system says sorry try again. only way to use paypal is via phone app. This has been going on for at least a month. nightmare

Login to Me Too

Imelda-duggan21
New Community Member
What can I do to fix this?
Login to Me Too

2oldman
Contributor
Contributor

After trying about 67 times to purchase campground wifi, and getting stuck on the Security Challenge, I went to my paypal account and added a 2nd layer of security.  Voila.  Fixed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.