Seafarers cannot access Paypal due to the need for call or text, NO PHONE SERVICE AT SEA

mrojt
New Community Member

Hi,

I am stuck, due to this ridiculous two factor security feature I am unable to access my account.

I am a seafarer working on a ship carrying out work a long way from land and out at sea there is NO signal. Therefore I cannot receive a call or text message to get into my account. I cant even email paypal about this as to contact them it says call (cant do this) or sign in (cant do this).

When I was last in port I signed in with a text message and then went into my account and turned OFF two factor sign in rubbish (my face id on my iPhone or password is enough and has been for many years).

Sail back out to sea and try log into my account now two factor sign in is turned off and guess what.....

ITS BACK ON!!!!! How ridiculous. ANGRY does not even come close.

Now I am stuck for the next 6 weeks offshore unable to log into my paypal until my ship goes back into port.

Anyone have any idea how I can get into contact with paypal as calling and using the message service is not an option?

Also anyone have any idea why Paypal would turn back on two factor authentication, what else will they change on my account?

Thanks in advance

An Angry Sailor 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.