Scammer made a purchase and deleted my account. How to recover my account?

drunkflyer
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

Recently I noticed that the amount of 196.22 EUR was deducted from my bank account, some kind of purchase through PayPal). When I try to log into my PayPal account, I get a message (your account has been deleted). I had to create a new account to contact support. But the robot support service sends out only recommendations in which there are no actions to restore my account deleted by the fraudster. How can I recover my account deleted by a scammer? How can I contact someone from the support service (preferably Russian-speaking) directly and not receive a bot message? Please help me restore my account and return the lost money!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Goldileen
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @drunkflyer 

Welcome to the Paypal Community. Thank you for patience. Though our response times may be delayed, be assured we're here.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You'll need to contact customer service in order to check your account.

Hope this helps. Please stay safe.

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

drunkflyer
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

Yesterday, a PayPal employee contacted me and advised me to contact my bank and ask for a refund, the so-called chargeback, and that the bank must refund the money. Today I did just that and the bank accepted my claim and within a few minutes I received an SMS informing me that upon presentation of the claim the bank returned the lost amount in advance. Further, the bank, without my participation, will deal with the case of fraud itself (either with the seller or with the PayPal representative).
I also wrote a statement to the e-police.

I am glad that everything ended successfully and the money was returned.

I want to thank with all my heart an employee of PayPal support service named Alina for the assistance provided in solving this problem.

Alina, thank you very much!
I apologize for Google translator.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.