Scam

May06
Contributor
Contributor
I want to close my account because I am afraid that I just clicked on a scam and I am afraid they have my account information. The email I got sent me to epl.paypal-communication.com. I signed in to claim the offer, now I think I was scammed. How do I secure my account or how do I close my paypal account? When I tried to close my account PayPal would not allow me to because I have $0.07 in my account. I don't care about that tiny amount of money. I just want to protect my information. Can someone help me?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@May06 

Change your password and security questions.

Anything else would depend on what information you gave away.

I would also inform your bank / card issuer so that they can keep an eye for any suspicious transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Judyallen
Contributor
Contributor
Been scammed also.Christmas china ornaments 3 ordered what i recieved was 3 sticker pictures of the oaamorna.PayPal shut down my account due to fraudulent activity and i can olnly assumeits due to this bunch of theives.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@May06 

Change your password and security questions.

Anything else would depend on what information you gave away.

I would also inform your bank / card issuer so that they can keep an eye for any suspicious transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.