SMS from <Removed> scam?

Yenni7
New Community Member

Hello!

Just received a text message saying: "Your PayPal is restricted. Please re-confirm your identity today or you account will be closed" and there is a link below to click.

I am pretty sure it is scam, has it happened to anyone else?

I have not clicked anything and please be aware of those dodgy text messages.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Claire2000
New Community Member

I just received the text message "Your PayPal is restricted. Please re-confirm your identity today or your account will be closed" followed by a link. This SMS was from <Removed>. 

Must be a scam I have checked my emails and message box on PayPal using a different device and there's nothing from PayPal. I did notice that PayPal state their self that a genuine email from them would start with either your first name or company name if you are a business holder.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Claire2000
New Community Member

I just received the text message "Your PayPal is restricted. Please re-confirm your identity today or your account will be closed" followed by a link. This SMS was from <Removed>. 

Must be a scam I have checked my emails and message box on PayPal using a different device and there's nothing from PayPal. I did notice that PayPal state their self that a genuine email from them would start with either your first name or company name if you are a business holder.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.