How do I see my running balance?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

KGonzaga
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @MarkChad,

Thank you for reaching out to PayPal.

Regarding viewing your transaction history which could potentially show you how your balance was spent, please refer to this Help Center article which outlines how to download the activity history of your PayPal account:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-download-my-paypal-transaction-history-faq1007?...

Hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @MarkChad 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Re: To see your running balance, please follow the below steps:

1. Go to Activity.
  2. Click Statements on the right of the page, then click Custom.
  3. Click the dropdown menu on  the transaction type, then choose 'balance affecting' (you can also set up the date range and file format).
  4. Click Create Report.

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thanks and have a great day! ☺

Login to Me Too

debwisniewski
Contributor
Contributor

Your answer does NOT show running balance, at least on my screen

paypal columns no balance.JPG

I've spent hours looking for my RUNNING Balance

Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @debwisniewski 

I am very sorry about that but thank you for letting me know.

I just wanted to check if you have also tried using a laptop/desktop as it is a report to be generated and downloaded. If yes and still not showing, kindly contact our Customer Service for further assistance. To get there, kindly click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country. Since, our phone lines are currently close due to coronavirus (covid-19) emergency, you may want to send an email or go to the message center and chat with a live agent. Or, you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
Twitter: @AskPayPal

Facebook (UK): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK
Twitter (UK): @paypalUK

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe! ☺

Login to Me Too

kells14
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to find a way to see my running balance also. There is no report that I have downloaded that shows me my balance after each transaction. I think this is a bad thing, I want to see my balance after each transaction. Sure it shows a balance to the right of summary page , but thats not what we mean. I feel your pain.

Login to Me Too

levans88
Contributor
Contributor

These are not the same as they used to be and very unhelpful. I dont suppose you had this issue resolved now that its 2 months later?

Login to Me Too

ItalianLaw
Contributor
Contributor

RE: Running balance

Thanks for your series of steps leads no where.

1. Go to Activity.
  2. Click Statements on the right of the page, then click Custom. OK   But then there is dropdown pointing to Transaction Types..........
  3. Click the dropdown menu on  the transaction type, then choose 'balance affecting' (you can also set up the date range and file format).
  4. Click Create Report.

Login to Me Too

GG928
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to us. You should see it once you log in to your PayPal account on the Summary page using your desktop or Mobile App. It says, PayPal Balance. You can spend it through online purchase or save it for your future use and transfer it to your linked banks or card. Hope this helps. Stay safe. Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) safety precautions, we currently have limited customer service staffing so wait times may be longer. You can still view answers to frequently asked questions on this page or send us a message, though responses may take longer than usual. You can also view our coronavirus response and FAQs here. Thank you for your patience.
Login to Me Too

Pontisteve
Contributor
Contributor

Running balance has been eliminated, and most of you at PayPal don't even know it. This is completely unacceptable and unprofessional. You're a bank! Why on Earth would you feel it is a good idea to stop people who bank with you from being able to see their running balance???? FIX THIS PAYPAL!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.