Review account login activity

InformedBuyer
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I got an email on my business account from Paypal about a New Login to Paypal from an unrecognized device. It didn't look like a phishing email, it was from service at paypal, it addressed me by my name. I looked at the email headers, it has a valid SPF IP address, the DKIM signature was verified, it had a valid DMARC and it was encrypted. So all the marking of an authenticated email from Paypal. Paypal customer care is adamant they never sent me any emails, well I guess someone hacked Paypal's systems to send emails in that case. Then I had a very unpleasant conversation with the customer exec about trying to see how I can review my login activity. According to her it's corporate policy.

I'm shocked is that I can see my login activity, my IP address on this COMMUNITY FORUM settings page; but when I log into my Paypal business account I cannot see when/where the last few logins were from, which device, which IP address etc. A paypal run community forum will show this information but my paypal financial institution won't allow me to review my login activity to secure my account.

How do I get this information, it's rather basic that EVERYONE today provides business sellers to help secure their accounts. Is there a way to escalate this to the Product Management team or security team at Paypal to review and reconsider allowing users to reviewing their login activity in business accounts to help secure them? Is there an email? I'm guessing Management doesn't really care unless it becomes a public relations nightmare.

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

InformedBuyer
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, about once a week. When Mint connects its sends this message.

Login to Me Too

vigor2001
New Community Member

I think users of Intuit QuickBooks Self Employed might be experiencing the same issue as Mint users. I received an email this morning stating that there was a login to my PayPal account from an unrecognized device. It listed FireFox OS X as the browser along with the time of the login. I remembered looking at my QuickBooks Self Employed account at time so I went to the QB app account integrations and noticed that the times synced up. I'm going to update my password just in case but if this happens again next month at least I'll know why.

Login to Me Too

MzWat

I don't use mint but I do have a paypal feed set up on Quickbooks online. I suspect it is the api that that is causing me to get the false login emails. But the timing doesn't line up with me actively using quickbooks. I've received the login email even when I haven't logged into Quickbooks for days. But I wonder if the api is firing in the background and sometimes triggers the false login email.  

I too keep changing my pw but I've never seen any real unauthorized access to the account. Sure would love this to be fixed!

Login to Me Too

Pjm5
Same here. Received an email around 1:47 AM EST last night that someone from SG with a windows 7 PC logged in using my email. I changed the password, removed my linked cards and checked the activities. Nothing seems to indicate that anyone ever tampered with my account. Very unsettling this is. Thought my password was uncrackable. No way anyone in their lifetime can access my account with the type of password I have. Still worried though and losing trust in paypal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.