Restrictive trade practices class action

hayruss
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All

I am looking to gather support for a class action against Paypal for the following reasons:

Restrictive trade practices

Falsly using the the term customer support and "Were here to help"

Many sellers will remember the classic view for transactions which showed the buyers email address regardless of where the sale came from. (Ebay, private website, money transfer)

Classic view is no longer available and any alternative does not include this information for sales from Ebay and instead you are provided with the buyers Ebay userID.

This is where the restrictive practices are occurring.

As a seller I can no longer conduct any transactions with this buyer unless it is through Ebay, so I am forced to use Ebay's messaging which has many restrictions.

As a user of this service I should have access to this information about buyer.

This also leads to other issues around aftersales service and the ability to contact the buyer.

So like I have stated I am rallying support for this class action so we c an get this reastrictive practices removed.

I don't know how long Paypal will leave this post up but I am hoping long enough to gather support.

Thanks Haydn

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hayruss 

Well what ebay allow you to do is up to ebay and nothing to do with paypal so unsure why you are posting it here?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hayruss
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass  I dissagree!

The issue here lies completely with Paypal, someone purchases something from me from Ebay and uses paypal to pay for it.

To use the paypal gateway you need to login using your paypal account for the payment to be processed.

At that point Paypal add details to your transaction history wether or not Ebay shares any information or not is irrellevant and more of a nicety.

So to provide another example I have a web site and use Paypal gateway services for customers to pay for products, I dont share any website info regarding the purchase with paypal and what details can I see in my transaction history?  Everything I need to maintain contact with the buyer.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220813ap
New Community Member

Hope you nail them all. Paypay is a **bleep**ing useless bunch of idiots.

Btw, Ebay and PayPal are joined at the hip, owned by same **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220813ap 

Wrong, paypal and ebay are 2 completely separate companies and have been for quite a few years now since they parted company.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.