Restricted Services

MentallyDefunct
Contributor
Contributor

"We've noticed some significant changes to your account activity. To understand this better, we'll need some information from you.

Until we've received your information, some features in your account will be limited. You'll be able to regain access to these features once you've provided the information we've requested."

I've literally had no issue with my account in 8 years and only use it for my Runescape membership and Steam purchases and now its restricted me yet lets me put money in still so now I'm down on money with no way to regain it in these stuggling times all because you now want ID after 8 years?

This is pathetic, I needed to use mu account with the money I have in there and now that's messed that up so its a good job it wasn't for any bills or whatever, please unrestrict my account as I don't use my actual bank account as my Debit Card expired so only use it to transfer my money over. Need help and fast otherwise this issues gong to cause me a lot more problems very quickly, thank you!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

bhobba
Contributor
Contributor

It happened to me as well.   A few people responded to my post and it seems it is a known error and will be fixed in 24 hours - at least one person thinks they were told that when they managed to get onto them.

Thanks

Bill

Login to Me Too

iceman5smith
Contributor
Contributor

Hope you are correct, it would be nice if they fix their stupid, idiotic problem!

Login to Me Too

MentallyDefunct
Contributor
Contributor

I hope so too, I stuggle with severe anxiety/stress related issues anyway and this won't help with that. Hopefully it's an error on their end but if not they could be causing a lot of distress for a lot of people, I use this as i personally don't use a bank card because I'm Agoraphobic but if this is going to happen then Ill just have to use other services as this is BS.

Login to Me Too

bhobba
Contributor
Contributor

The following as been posted:

Hello there! Thank you for contacting PayPal. Sorry to know that your account is limited. We are currently experiencing a known issue related to certain limitations placed on accounts. Our system is automatically reviewing and removing the affected limitations within the next 24-48 hours. If your limitation is not removed within the next 48 hours, please follow the steps in the resolution center to resolve the account issues. Thank you!

Thanks

Bill

Login to Me Too

gudguy1a
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, I replied to Bill's response but they have blocked it for some reason.

No profanity in it, just used the phrase t-i-c-k-e-d off in it...

This could be a bug or a hack for all we know but a simple note from paypal to affected users WOULD have been nice.... Going to have to post on my sites about this now...

Login to Me Too

gudguy1a
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it may be a bug, error OR a hack that **bleep** up their system and everyone is paying a price for it.

And because of that, paypal is being overwhelmed with messages about this.

BUT.  paypal is not letting us know there is an error and to be patient while they remedy this.

A simple note would have helped all of us relax instead of BLOWING OUR BRAINS OUT from being so ticked off at this situation....

Login to Me Too

bhobba
Contributor
Contributor

Yes their communication on this matter was appalling.   What I posted I had to hunt around for, and it was from a post by someone else in a long thread where people post issues about limitations.   It was the last post - I just happened sort of on a whim looked at it, and lo and behold, there it was.   And not even posted by Paypal - just another considerate victim.  You should not have to do that.   It should at least be highlighted on their twitter page.   It certainly wasn't last time I looked, but I will see if I can get it put there.

Thanks

Bill

Login to Me Too

gudguy1a
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, you got that right.  Communicate, communicate, communicate...

Just received the "services restored" email from them, ~30 minutes before you replied.

I hope other members have theirs restored now as well... but it could be a rolling fix if not a group/block fix.

Take care over there in the outback - stay safe with CoViD, while we yanks suffer through another few months CoViD with this, ahhh, idiotic/psychotic individual sitting in the White House. 

Best to ya.

Login to Me Too

bhobba
Contributor
Contributor

Mine has been restored as well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.