Request for bank statement

GFCH
Contributor
Contributor

Wifes account is locked and apparently Paypal wants a copy of her drivers license and bank statement.

Nothing screams scam louder than that.

Since when did paypal need that? They use the mini deposit and conformation number. That we'll do but not sending anyone a DL or Bank Statement

Nowhere on their website does it mention any requirement for this information. I'll do that right after I send it to the mystery banker in Nigeria.

Anyone have a real telephone number for Papyapl

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Synoptic12
Contributor
Contributor

1[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/p>

Login to Me Too

GFCH
Contributor
Contributor

I was too slow Synoptic

Perhaps write it out in words..

Login to Me Too

AnnabellaW
Contributor
Contributor

My thoughts exactly! - are other Paypal customers really agreeing to supply this highly personal information? I am not. It does feels as though Paypal has been hacked. I have been unable to elicit any response from Paypal on this so have started researching other options for paying/selling online. And then yesterday received an email advising that I no longer need to enter a password on my device when using Paypal!!  No thank you!!  Let's have some consistency here Pay pal!  And anyway you've restricted my account - remember!  What the heck is going on with this company?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GFCH 

If its an email ignore as a spoof BUT if paypal are asking for it on their website ON her account then.....

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-kind-of-documentation-can-i-provide-to-prove-my-ide...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AnnabellaW
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks kernowlass, however we do know that these demands come directly from paypal as they arise when we are logged into our accounts, and that is the problem - we have logged into our accounts, we have been paypal clients for years and then suddenly one day they decide that we need to prove that we are not imposters before we can continue to be their clients? And freeze our accounts until we do? In the meantime client's automatic payments are not being made, small businesses are being impacted and all manner of suffering & inconveniences are occurring all around the world.  What we want to know is what is behind this? Why are pay pal clients being treated in this way? I am asking an investigative journalist to look into it for us.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AnnabellaW 

But my post was not addressed to you, it was addressed to @GFCH who's thread this is and who asked the question.

There question is completely different to yours so the answers would be different as well. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AnnabellaW
Contributor
Contributor

Oh for goodness sake kurnolass this thread is absolutely all on the same topic of how pay pal is demanding ID from its formerly esteemed clients and what to do about it - original question was also wanting a contact number (as we all do) - not yet another link telling us what we've already been told. Perhaps you could direct some of that energy towards something helpful rather than wasting time being pedantic towards stressed clients. Have a good day.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AnnabellaW 

Again was not replying to you so feel free to ignore anything I posted for someone else.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.