Reporting Money Request Amount Scam Attempt

wwoww
New Community Member

I got no help from Paypal's Resolution Center today regarding a new type of scam involving a money request amount. The name of the person requesting the amount is known to me but the manner of asking for money is not. I did contact to the real known person and got an answer that the money request amount from him is faked. The faker is taking an advantage of the situation and apparently somehow knows my Palpal account to make this fake money request. The faker is using an email address, which I do not recognized, to make the phoney money request. Is there any way to let Paypal know of this new type of scam? Should anyone else needs to know?

I have been bounced arround making different phone call numbers directly within Paypal's associated bank and went no where because my attempt to report this unusual scam transaction does not involve a credit card.  Calls to Paypal's initial customer service representative, which turn out to be part of Paypal's associated bank, were of no help either.

Thanks.

-- wwoww

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.