Removing old land line numbers from acct

Kiwijenn
Contributor
Contributor
I set up this acct 15 years ago and hand land line. Now in trying to switch to New bank account it defaults to this number to send me a code. Then when I go in to remove this number I get the red triangle. Can’t do this.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kiwijenn 

Landline numbers can't verify codes. If you can go to your account settings to the phone numbers, click edit or update on the number and make sure the check the boxes for permission to send a code to you is unchecked and that the phone type is marked as "Work", not "Mobile". After you do that, go to the number that you can accept and verify codes with and make it your primary number and give PayPal permission to send codes, etc on it. Then you can go backing and remove the numbers you don't want. Then try to switch to new bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kiwijenn 

Landline numbers can't verify codes. If you can go to your account settings to the phone numbers, click edit or update on the number and make sure the check the boxes for permission to send a code to you is unchecked and that the phone type is marked as "Work", not "Mobile". After you do that, go to the number that you can accept and verify codes with and make it your primary number and give PayPal permission to send codes, etc on it. Then you can go backing and remove the numbers you don't want. Then try to switch to new bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.