Relocation:How do I transfer my current local PayPal balance to new PayPal account in a new country?

jellyjams
Contributor
Contributor

I'll be moving in a week's time. I have built a balance from the payments I have received over the past year as a freelancer and chose not to withdraw all of my pay to my local bank account (Malaysia) as I was anticipating my relocation. I also use my PayPal balance for online purchases and for that purpose I have chose to retain my pay in its original currency (USD). It seems like I'll be unable to change my country in PayPal's settings or add a non Malaysian bank acc/card; therefore I'll have to close my current local PayPal account and open a new one in the country that I will be relocating to (the Netherlands). However, I've heard that I can set up a second PayPal account using my new details and transfer the balance in my local PayPal account to that account.I would really like to know if it's possible.

I don't really like the idea of closing the account because that would entail withdrawing my entire balance into my local bank account that I won't be using anymore. I would then have to transfer that money into my Dutch bank account, and then transfer some of that money into PayPal again. I'll be losing a whole lot of money from the redundant PayPal-bank-bank-PayPal transfer. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.