Regular PayPal Cash account

loushea
New Community Member
From what I understand, if I want to pay with a balance from my account, I now have to have either a PayPal Cash account or a PayPal Cash Plus account. I don’t want either, so if I must choose, I want the simpler one. However, when I choose “accept money”, I’m prompted only with the option to create a Plus account. How do I create a “regular” PayPal Cash account?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@loushea 

You just Accept the money as usual and choose "Keep it in PayPal" option. To get a PayPal Cash Plus account though, apply for or enroll in any of these features or products that are available with PayPal Cash Plus:

• The PayPal Cash Card Debit Mastercard® (or the PayPal Business Debit Mastercard®)
  • Direct deposit to automatically add pay checks to balance
  • Goals to manage money being held

If it only lets you get the Cash Plus Account, might as well opt for that. You don't have to use any of the optional features and it works the same as a Cash Account otherwise.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@loushea 

You just Accept the money as usual and choose "Keep it in PayPal" option. To get a PayPal Cash Plus account though, apply for or enroll in any of these features or products that are available with PayPal Cash Plus:

• The PayPal Cash Card Debit Mastercard® (or the PayPal Business Debit Mastercard®)
  • Direct deposit to automatically add pay checks to balance
  • Goals to manage money being held

If it only lets you get the Cash Plus Account, might as well opt for that. You don't have to use any of the optional features and it works the same as a Cash Account otherwise.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.