Regarding customer service issues.

jfbing23
New Community Member

Folks--I am deployed reservist to Afghanistan. Long-time PayPal customer. I shut my cell phone coverage off while away to save money. In trying to access my paypal and paypal credit accounts, the system kept trying to send me text messages. Clearly, I cannot get into the system without the security code. I called customer service three times trying to get it resolved. I answered every security question but they still could not divert the security code to my email (which I have had for like 25 years). Just unacceptable. The customer service people (in the phillipines?) totally gave me the run around. Today, I finally called and tried to ask for a customer service rep in the USA. The rep gave me a #, and it turned out it was sending me right back where I started. So I guess Paypal does not have any customer service support left in the USA. Clearly a sign of the times, but does the management back in the US have any clue how badly they have damaged their reputation with this nonsense? That last question rhetoric I guess. I tried to send customer service an email, but the system will not allow you to unless you know all the insider turns and tricks. Also absurd. Help. John 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jfbing23 

Paypal is country specific so if you try and use it in another country it either won't work of paypal will want i.d. confirmation and the way they use is by a text to your paypal linked phone.

As paypal is not available in Afghanistan then its unlikely you can use it there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.