Regarding Acorns

eric_la
Contributor
Contributor

Awhile back, I linked my PayPal account to my Acorns. And now I am troubled and can not find a way to unlink these accounts. Can someone help me?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@eric_la

To unlink Acorns from your PayPal account, you'll need to remove the permission you have given. 

From the security tab in your PayPal account profile, select update "Permissions you've given" then next to Acorns select "Remove".

Login to Me Too

eric_la
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Oregon11, I did remove the permission; however, I can still see my Acorns balance through PayPal. It looks like the two account are still linked...

Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@eric_la

Try this, select Acorns account from the link on the left in your Summary, select Edit Account Settings, there should be a Disconnect Acorns from PayPal link at the bottom of the page. There is also an Edit Account Settings link for Acorns in the PayPal app.

Login to Me Too

eric_la
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Oregon11, for some reasons, I do not see the Edit Account Settings option...

Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@eric_la

Are you using a desktop browser or the app?

Login to Me Too

eric_la
Contributor
Contributor
I am using a desktop browse. This is so strange...
Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@eric_la

You could try a different browser.

You can access Acorns from the PayPal app and in the edit settings find the disconnect link.

Login to Me Too

00tash
New Community Member

Any fix for this? I'm having the same issue. I linked the account but when I go to Acorns under Summary and click on the 3 dots. There is no edit option. I can only go straight into Acorns from there and Acorns in not showing Acorns as a linked account However, by info is being displayed in PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

mrsray
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this same problem

can not get this acorn crap out of my paypal dashboard ...

this is stupid

i took it's permissions away, they are not in subscriptions

but there they are in my dasboard

I WANT IT GONE

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.