Refund to non active card

TJacks67
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I am having refunds made from tours for a holiday that has now been cancelled. The card paid with has ben replaced with a different card. How can it refund if the card isn't active anymore? Will it still go in to my bank? Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

moneymatters168
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @TJacks67

I hope you are well and safe. 

You may want to verify with your card issuer but this is what I know.

From time to time we need to have our card numbers changed. Lost, stolen or comprised. If the issuer closes an account then you would have to start at zero. What issuers do is cancel your card number and issue you a new one. Card numbers are non recyclable. This means that it cannot be reissued to anyone else. 

So if you get a refund to a card number previously issued to you. The refund will show up on the statement indicating the latest replacement card number.

In the event you closed your card account. You should receive a cheque usually mailed to your last mailing address. 

You don't have to worry. You will get your money. 

Advice is VOLUNTARILY given.
Please leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

moneymatters168
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @TJacks67

I hope you are well and safe. 

You may want to verify with your card issuer but this is what I know.

From time to time we need to have our card numbers changed. Lost, stolen or comprised. If the issuer closes an account then you would have to start at zero. What issuers do is cancel your card number and issue you a new one. Card numbers are non recyclable. This means that it cannot be reissued to anyone else. 

So if you get a refund to a card number previously issued to you. The refund will show up on the statement indicating the latest replacement card number.

In the event you closed your card account. You should receive a cheque usually mailed to your last mailing address. 

You don't have to worry. You will get your money. 

Advice is VOLUNTARILY given.
Please leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you.

Login to Me Too

TJacks67
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. Very much appreciated. It is just a replacement card for the same account. Thanks again
Login to Me Too

moneymatters168
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@TJacks67

I'm glad I was able to give you peace of mind.

Kudos to you 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.