Random Holds On Funds

BerkshireVet
New Community Member

I am a very frequent user of PayPal, both as a merchant for eBay and Etsy sales and purchaser with a 100% feedback rating as seller and buyer. My small business sells antique clocks that are refurbished prior to shipping. My prices are all on the order of $150. When I began to sell I had routine eBay holds on the funds. I am well past that point now and all of my last number of sales through have had funds instantly available. The number of my sales of course varies, but rarely do it go more than a week or 10-days, possibly 2-weeks at the outside. I have been VERY busy making sales lately. Again, I have not had a hold on any of my sales transactions in quite a while. Now a sale yesterday was placed on hold with an estimated release date of 11/1. This sale is in EVERY way identical to numerous past sales. The price was in the normal range, it was from an eBay listing that has not changed in over a month and it is NOT an eBay hold. I get the same silly suggestions to get my funds sooner, but none of them fit my circumstance, due to the nature of my sale. It is normally a week to 10-days to have a given clock inspected and ready for shipment AND my sales listing indicate that period of time. The sale is NOT goods or services, and the stupid hold until delivery ensures I don't receive any funds for nearly a month !!!!! WHY does it now appear that PayPal is randomly tagging my account like this. The fact that for the last 3 or 4 sales that are from the same sales listing and were NOT placed on hold makes me suspicious of PayPal dishonestly holding funds.  Having a small business depends on cash flow and I can't keep the business operating when I don't get my sales income for nearly a month after making the sale. I fully intend to report this to the state banking commission as an unfair ecommerce business practice. Does PayPal really need to hold my measly $175 dollars for a month to stay afloat???  Again all of my business feedback/ratings have been 100% and I have NEVER been involved in a sales/purchase funds dispute, EVER. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.