Quick Security Check couldn't confirm it's you

CasanovaCrow
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having trouble passing the quick security checks to send customer support messages. 
I'm pretty sure this ties in to repeated massive delays in receiving SMS codes (signal issues) removing the verification by sms and an old email spam filter that kept hiding the emails (now fixed).
No idea why "confirm some information about yourself" doesn't work.

Anyway, all I am able to do now is click the big blue next button and get "We're sorry, we couldn't confirm it's you" when I click the "we can help" hyperlink it tells me to call a number which I am unable to do. I can text out but not speak on a phone, I need an alternative way of contact to sort this issue, even if it is via SMS. All I need is my  means for "quick security check" to be reinstated.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

oceanblizz
Contributor
Contributor

The Phone numbers don't work. Just automated service

Login to Me Too

WESTY3
Contributor
Contributor

Like many others the phone number linked to my account no longer exists.

I am unable to login.

What does " then call as a guest " mean? I have never heard that expression before.

Is it different from dialing on my mobile like any other call ?

Are we expected to make an international phone call because paypal login is broken?

Login to Me Too

Fmjaguar1
I tried calling and it just says unable to help then ends the call. Messages says please wait then closes the conversation been trying for 4 days to resolve.
Login to Me Too

Justine_Otordos
New Community Member
How to fix it pls help me
Login to Me Too

barbbiggs

Hello, 

I have this problem too now. My phone number has changed. The whole reason we have passwords is to verify us. This two step authentication is becoming increasingly common, and for people like me who travel the world, constantly putting in and taking out sim cards, it's become a nightmare. Even with a dual sim phone, which only helps for two countries. Not three which I operate in continually.

I can't phone customer service because of coronavirus. They said the service is limited or unattended. 

Meanwhile, during this crisis time, when I most need access to my money, I can't log in. And I can't contact paypal. 

To send an email I have to login. 

At least with this community I don't need to log in in order to access it. 

What can I do? and how long with this go on not being able to phone customer service?

Login to Me Too

Lucy0308
New Community Member

You are not alone! I am in a same boat. I want to link my bank account but my phone number changed so second step of security check, I cannot go on. 

Login to Me Too

Chenichols
New Community Member

Have you been able to get this solved? I'm currently having the same issue and it's frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.