Questionable PayPal practices

crimmsinn220
New Community Member
Hello all. This is my first time posting on here. I have had this PayPal account for longer than I care to recall. I had a terrible experience when I first began using PayPal, then as I had to deal with eBay, and PayPal simultaneously, PayPal sort of won me over. It wasn't because of anything extraordinary that was done, but because of Ebay's HORRIBLE customer service, and overall performance. I don't want to excuse the lack of basic practices that PayPal is deficient on, and have lately run into a questionable business practice: I made my first sale outside of Ebay, about a month after having to issue a refund for an item that I no longer had to sell. Now PayPal is requesting 1) to link a card or bank account, or 2) apply for a PayPal credit card. Here's the problem I have with both requests: the fact that I already have a card/ bank account linked, which I did ages ago, should reflect, and does! So why am I being asked to do this again? Are they planning on sticking me and a few other unsuspecting customers for more money in shady ways? Or... and this also qualifies as shady: why would I apply for a credit card that I don't want, let alone need? Let's ignore the fact that when I DID apply for a card, which was less than a month ago, I was turned down. So not only is there a conflict of interest in the hook to get people to sign up for revolving debt, but to "verify" an already established account, they are requiring it? To be able to simply access funds that are legally yours??? Good job, giant corporate entity! Way to flex those unethical muscles! So should I bring up the dent that was left by the hard inquiry, or should I try to prove my point? Thank you all for your time and consideration.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.